Learn fresh and creative strategies to overcome unforeseen obstacles and to sustain meaningful life changes.
I successfully changed my life when obstacles almost ran me off the road. Now I want to help you to do the same.
I work with people like you: those who maintain their motivation in the face of seemingly insurmountable challenges, men and women who are ready to get to work gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to overcome adversity. We work together to fuel and accelerate your adaptation to whatever life throws your way.
My goal is to get you on the path to successful personal transformation, and then support you as you move forward on your own journey and sustain your personal goals. I was strongly drawn to this role as a means to share and leverage my life – and professional – experience, using an approach that combines advocacy, coaching, training, mentoring, and more.
“Linda was truly a guiding light during a very emotionally stressful time.”
“Your 30 years of experience is priceless, but … even more is the trust you build with clients.”
I’m here as your personal “field guide” to honor your independence while boldly pursuing a path to purposeful problem resolution, growth, and resilience.
Many years of both professional and personal work grounds me in the skills necessary to support you in reaching your self-determined goals – whether they focus on getting the best from other sources, leveraging your creativity, looking and feeling fabulous on your own terms, or adapting successfully to a variety of both expected and unanticipated environments.
My extensive work at UCSF, Stanford, and Kaiser Permanente has helped others to live healthfully and confidently in their choices. Some of my successful projects for improving patient care, encouraging entrepreneurship, and promoting social justice include:
- Creating and maintaining a patient advocacy practice that continues to help hundreds of patients find the best medical care possible
- Serving as a mentor, teacher, and workshop leader for Stanford’s HIP program, helping people lose weight and maintain that weight loss over time
- Founding and maintaining a Stanford alumni group of 1200+ entrepreneurs to promote and succeed in new business ventures
- Initiating and designing a website portal for one of the country’s largest medical providers, ensuring that up to 9 million patients had access to their medical records, choice of medical providers, and diagnostic data
- Serving as the volunteer coordinator for the 2008 US presidential election’s largest campaign office
- Implementing state-of-the-art computer technology for 2500+ newly diagnosed breast cancer, prostate cancer, and HRT patients, empowering them to make shared medical decisions
I’m also active in numerous political and social justice activities, and currently serve on the Board of CORA, in San Mateo, dedicated to eliminating partner abuse. I love to hike, travel and play Bridge. I live in San Mateo and am known to brag about my two amazing adult daughters.